Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Calling All Cupcake Lovers!


Whether you enjoy consuming cupcakes or just creating them, they seem to keep their charm through out the years. I adore little cupcake appliques and accents in children's clothing. At Christmas time, I browsed the Collections at Gymboree, one of which was the Cupcake Cutie Collection. They had everything from Cupcake dresses to sprinkle leggings and hair accessories! It is enough to give yourself baby fever!


Often, I like to try new recipes and recently found an amazing cupcake blog with tons of creative recipes. You can find them all at the Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit. My favorite so far is the Walnut Cupcakes Topped with Rose White Chocolate Mousse and Baklava. It looks like a lot of work, but I may try it sometime ...because Baklava has to be one of my favorite desserts. There are also basic recipes for vanilla & chocolate cupcakes and icing, techniques, tutorials and other helpful information for any level of baker. My other favorite websites for cupcakes are Martha Stewart and Family Fun. They have too many to mention, so just do a search for cupcakes and have fun browsing.


Now for the fat-free, sugar-free cupcakes! No you can't eat them, but they are so cute and make fun gifts for anyone or yourself. I've found many crocheted & knitted, but haven't tried them all out...I'll include a few links at the end of the post. If you do neither, there is a great book called Warm Fuzzies by Betz White. This book uses cast-away sweaters (that would otherwise be left hanging in your closet or donated) to create cute crafts including cupcakes! They even have a practical use as a pincushion with the heads of the pins resembling sprinkles.


I also loved the cupcake line they had (for the kitchen) at Target over Valentines. Sadly, the last time I went they had hardly anything left! On the same trip, I did find a really cool Giant Cupcake Pan by Wilton. I wish I could justify purchasing it, but I couldn't see myself using it very often.




I think I have hit the caloric intake for the brain on this post. So hopefully this will give you a sugar high and you will be inspired by cupcakes like I have!

Cupcake Craft Patterns
Crocheted:
Bake Me a Cake
Ana Paula's Cupcake

Knitted:
Cupcake *There is a list of links to others' creations from the pattern.*
One Dimensional Cupcake
Cupycakes Apron

Loom:
Loomy-licious Cupcake *There is a list of links to others' creations from the pattern.*

No comments: