Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter Chair Backer


I had seen a really cute Valentines Chair Backer on tv the other day and loved it. It looked like a rectangular mailbox made out of red felt with some embellishments, personalized with embroidered names and straps with velcro (to attach to the chair). I started browsing online and found something similar for Easter through Pottery Barn Kids.



I ended up finding a Valentine Mailbox Chair Backer on Pottery Barn that was similar to what I saw on tv. It is no longer available, but maybe it will be when Valentine season rolls back around. I was thinking that it would be nice to create a neutral mailbox chair backer that you could add temporary embellishments to (maybe using velco?). I think it is something that I would love to keep up year round and change throughout the seasons. Then anyone in the family could put little notes in each other's mailboxes. Now I know it wouldn't suit a formal dining room, but it may be fun for your everyday table. I could also see it on bedroom doors, when not used on chairs.


I love getting ideas from Pottery Barn Kids.
They have so many things that I would love to buy when I have kids! These Metal Easter Baskets caught my eye, because I thought they would be sturdy and good for both boys and girls. It is one of those crafts that can be recreated and last for many years.

2 comments:

christine said...

AGHhhh, Pottery Barn---how I miss thee! Pottery Barn is one of my most fav. shops and they don't ship overseas!!!!

christine said...

http://www.martawrites.blogspot.com/

You may find the above interesting---very artsy fartsy. :)