Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Little Chicky

I had a reality check last night when I was talking to my mom on the phone. I knew that Easter was approaching quickly, but I didn't realize that it was much earlier this year than normal...only one day after my birthday. I guess it can fall anywhere between March 22nd (my bday) and April 25th. Anyway, I actually made a little chicky before I got really sick this last week.

I found the pattern on Ravelry and it started out as a chicken, but I thought it looked cute as a chick. I used materials I had on hand, so I was thinking that it would just be a tester. It is an easy amigurumi (crochet) pattern that doesn't take much time to complete. I also made a little nest for the chick. I think these would be really fun in an Easter basket.

I also found another crochet pattern for chicks and a basket. I think the chicks kinda look like Peeps...yummy! I haven't tried the pattern yet, but they look fairly easy. The basket it quite basic and could be used for other things throughout the seasons or decor around the house.

No comments: