Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mini Floor Plans

Some of you may be familiar with Apartment Therapy and if your not, then take the time to browse their site. They have a lot of tips for the home, decorating ideas, product reviews (mostly eco-friendly products) and tours of homes from all over the US.

One of their recent tips, caught my eye this week....probably because building a home has been on the brain. They had a "How To" on making a Pocket Sized Floor Plan. It is simply card stock cut into small rectangles with the name of the room, floor plan w/dimensions and then notes of other furniture already in the room. Then they attached color swatches! The final steps would be to punch a whole in the top of each rectangle and add a ring (to hold it together). It would really come in handy when you are looking to decorate a room or add things to what you already have. For me, there are those times when you see something you really like (at a swap meet, second hand store, yard sale, etc.) and you can't just put it on hold and have the time to figure out if it will fit what you are looking for. Well problem solved! Now I'll be able to reach into my purse and pull out my handy-dandy floor plans. Since they are so compact, I'd probably laminate them and keep them in my purse or glove box. You never know when you may come across a good deal!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Jess,
Thanks for checking out my blog and your suggestion for the name of my pixie quilt.
I love your blog page, it is so bright and cheery & your photography is wonderful.

Loreen said...

I love your blog! You have such a nice variety of articles on here =) Keep up the great work!