Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

This past month has flown by me! I have a lot of things that I would like to post, but I've been so busy with life. I was hoping to have an etsy shop open by now, but obviously that has happened yet. I just started playing catch up on all the blogs that I write on and the ones that I like to read.

Anyone else out there still watching shows from NY Fashion Week? I know it ended a week ago, but I loooove watching the runway shows online. I'll have to do a post of some of my favorite collections. One of my blogging buddies did a post on the Michael Kors Collection (big fan, even before his Project Runway days). He did a vintage beach theme with bold colors and patterns (mainly polka dots & stripes). It has a real 60's feel to it (and I love it!). If you haven't seen the show, here it is:



Oh and P.S. it has really groovy music, so turn up/on your speakers.

After I watched Michael Kors' show, it reminded me of this pattern for a vintage swimsuit. It is from Burda Style and best of all...it's free! Another thing I like about the suit, besides vintage & free, is that it's modest. Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to find something fashionable and modest, especially when it comes to swimsuits. I think it would be cute to incorporate some color blocking (or dots or stripes w/solids), like in the show above, rather than just all one color. Now I know it is the end of summer, but this is really just to get you ready for next summer!

P.S.S. Check out Burda Style for lots of other free patterns. The only downside is that you print them at home, so it takes about 20-30 sheets and a lot of piecing together. You can send it to your local copy shop and have it printed on one sheet, but I'm not sure of the cost.

1 comment:

christine said...

never got a chance to hear the music w/the show so thanks for the video!

I absolutely adored this collection this year.