Monday, October 6, 2008

Blog Love: 30 Days + More Halloween Stuff

I love this blog, because it has so many ideas all stored & categorized. I have done something similar on my computer in different bookmarked folders...but it can be tricky finding that something that you know you saved somewhere! Mique created 30 Days last winter for Christmas gift ideas and has now turned it into a virtual idea file and inspiration spot. You will probably see some links to projects you have already seen, but there are also a lot of ideas I hadn't seen yet, especially for Halloween decor. I love these Mod Paper Pumpkin Ornaments from Hostess with the Mostess and how about this Mysterious Pumpkin Carriage featured in Hallmark Magazine.



Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, because I love to dress up and be someone else for the night (its the actress in me). This year I don't have any big plans for a costume, because (for the second year in a row) my husband will be working. I've decided to help my sisters out by creating their costumes. I was talking to one of my sisters about what she envisioned and she has decided she wanted to be a fairy with a corset and wings. I've drawn something up to incorporate some of her style and age. I'm going to post that soon and hopefully in a few weeks, the costume to match the sketch! I had a couple different skirts in mind from tutorials I have seen. Lately, the most popular one I have seen is the No Sew Tutu-rial. Another one that I considered was the Pettiskirt that was featured on Martha Stewart early this summer. Of course both of these have been around for a while, but it is always nice to have instructions as a guide. Anyway I'll post my sketch soon and more Halloween ideas!

1 comment:

christine said...

i like the horse/carriage pumpkin