Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkins All Aglow

I was at the library, about a month ago, looking through some past issues of Family Circle magazine, when I came across last year's Halloween issue. I was instantly attracted to these scalloped pumpkin votives. They seem pretty simple to do. I only wish I would have scanned the pictures from the magazine rather than relying on their website, but you get the idea.

Here are the instructions from Family Circle magazine:
Use a grease pencil to draw a scalloped edge around the top of small to medium-size pumpkins. Vary the width of the scallops as shown. With the saw, cut along the lines, remove the top and smooth the edges. Hollow out the pumpkin. Mark holes with a grease pencil, varying the pattern. Drill holes using different size bits (1/8 inch for small, up to 1 inch for larger).

No comments: