Monday, October 13, 2008

The Quick Sketch

I've spent a little time whipping up a sketch for my little sister's Halloween costume, as mentioned below. It looks different than my sketch on paper, but I'm still getting used to my tablet. It is a challenge to draw while looking at the screen compared to looking at the paper as you draw. I also haven't figured out all the features and command, but I'm learning! This sketch is a lot more whimsical than my last one.

The colors are not set yet, but I couldn't leave it black and white. I also got feedback from my 13-Y.O. sis that she wants a square neckline and tighter corset...hehe (she is soooo like me already!). The pink Converse shoes (a.k.a. Chucks) are a bit of her style that I added. I thought it was cute and age appropriate, also something a little different than the typical fairy costume. I'll have a pic of the finished costume in a couple of weeks!

3 comments:

Kent and Jamie said...

Wow Jess! You are so crafty. I love it! I love your blog and am adding it to my list!

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

Thanks a bunch! I just can't wait to get it finished.