Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!



I was recently asked to come up with a craft for our Relief Society Christmas Activity next month. There were several ideas that went through my head, one of the first was blocks. I know it is a pretty popular thing to do Christmas blocks with lettering and pictures. I had figured out lettering to spell several different winter words. Then I thought it would be cute to show how the blocks could stack up to look like a tree. That is when I got the idea to add some wire and everything just rolled on from there. It was so satisfying to be creating again!


Originally, I was going to add pictures and scrapbook paper. Things changed when I started to pull out all my embellishments and paint. There are several different ways you could 'trim' the tree. I would like to do some variations with newsprint, stamping, pictures, scrapbook paper, sheet music and fabric...maybe even wrapping paper or old Christmas cards! I'm also considering using a candle cup as the base/trunk, but not sure yet. I'll also post pictures of the variations. I would love to see what others would create.

**UPDATE: Added a trunk made from a small terracotta pot with a crackle finish.**




2 comments:

Kent and Jamie said...

So cute Jess!

Uati and Kalena said...

Wow, you are so creative! I love these!