Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wood-n't ya Know?

I have a secret obsession with wood. The cull lumber cart is my weakness. I can't go to Home Depot with out taking a walk through the 'woods'. My last project was so satisfying, that I've decided to make a bunch for my Etsy shop (that I've talked about opening for the last six months). I'm shooting for the end of this month! I would make a big push to get it open by Thanksgiving, but I am hosting this year and I've got a lot to get done before then.

For the place settings, I decided to use an element from my tree. I love the feathers and buttons with a little sparkle. I wanted to have a little bit of a rustic feel, so I burned the edges of some paper (from an old book). I used it underneath the embellishments and for the place card. When I finished the first one, I thought it looked liked a turkey. Can you see it? I've got about a third of them done, so I'll post more pictures once they are all completed.

3 comments:

Kent and Jamie said...

Can I come to your house for Thanksgiving? So cute! Tell your family hi for me

Missy Ballance said...

URGH! I'm so with ya on the wood thing! I bought a bunch of wood discs and am stamping them and adding them to pages and atc cards! Fun Fun FUN! Pics won't be up til closer to Christmas of course... these darn surprises! LOL!

Britt said...

Those were so cute to have in front of our plates. I think everyone liked them. Mom sure thought those were cute, and surprised you sent them home with me.