Sunday, December 28, 2008

Not Just for Eating

Back in October, I visited one of my best friends in Utah. She is a queen of good deals (like myself), specializing in yard sales & consignment shops (not like myself). While there we found this cute consignment shop and could not resist. It is called The Wandering Wardrobe in Spanish Fork, UT. It has a main level and upstairs. There were so many treasures that I wish I could have filled my suitcase with, but I didn't have enough room. I managed to buy an incredibly cute skirt and shoes, along with some beautiful mosaic plates.

I immediately had a plan for the plates. I wanted to paint a quote in the center or maybe something in vinyl. Now that I have a Cricut I was pretty sure I was going to use vinyl, but changed my mind in end. I don't have the best painting supplies, but I do enjoy painting. I usually just freehand everything, instead of sketching it out first. It just depends on what you are most comfortable with. Here is what I ended up with:


No comments: