Friday, December 19, 2008

Note Worthy

I've had this tutorial in my book for a while and decided to do a modified version of it. I opted to use a fusible interfacing on the back of the fabric, rather than iron-on adhesive & additional panel of fabric. I figured that it would be just fine, because I wasn't doing a patchwork front. I had also seen a notebook with ribbon to hold pens/pencils and thought it was a great idea, so I incorporated that (couldn't find a link for that one).

I would like to add some pockets on the inside flaps. One of the pockets would have a clear vinyl window, so they could slip in their information on a card...kind of like a book plate. Another idea I had was to make a cover for a sketch book and then make enough slots on the ribbon for like 12 colored pencils.

No comments: