Monday, December 22, 2008

The White Stocking

At church, this past Sunday, I taught the Christmas lesson to all our Young Women. Part of my lesson included a little white stocking.

I used a pattern from Martha Stewart for the stockings. I didn't want the seams to show, so I turned the stocking inside out and added a white ribbon loop along with silver trim.

I also made a handout (on the left) using elements from Shabby Princess.

After reading the poem, maybe you will want to incorporate it into your home. To me, it keeps the spirit of Christmas centered around Christ.

On a side note, I found a yummy treat at World Market on our last trip...Salt and Lime Cashews. It may not be the typical holiday snack, but it sure is good. I've had in my craft room with me while I plow through finishing Christmas stuff.

No comments: