Sunday, January 11, 2009

Away...on Vaca (Vay-Kay)

I'm in Seattle this week and I was hoping to have some posts done before I left. I still have more pictures to post and things to talk about from Christmas! Some of you know that Seattle is not far from my home, but it is far enough where it would be too much to go back and forth everyday this week.

I thought I would have wireless internet in our room, since it is a pretty nice hotel. Well there is, but there is a high price on it and I'd rather not pay it. The good thing is that I will probably be able to take some pics and do some shorter posts on location...thanks to all the Seattle cafes that have wireless access.

Tonight my hunny took me to The Cheesecake Factory. It is one of the places we went to on our first date. It was a really good meal and we ended with a layered coconut cream cheesecake slice (one is plenty for two people). It had a chocolate macadamian crust, then a layer of caramely macroon, then the coconut cheesecake and on top was the coconut cream plus loads of whipped topping. I think it may be our favorite.

The places I am looking forward to visiting most are Amuse, Pike's Place, Whole Foods and some Gluten Free Bakeries (pretty common in Seattle). The are also some fabric & crafty place I would like to visit, but I need to do some more research.

So please excuse the lack of posts this last week...life has been on a roll since Thanksgiving time. I could barely get the dishes done before we left again!

No comments: