Sunday, January 25, 2009

BE OK

Some of you may know that I have a thyroid disease and if you didn't, I guess you do now. The thyroid effects so many things emotionally & physically. I also have several food sensitivities...too many to list. With the combination of those things, it makes for a lot of up and down days. Most of my acquaintances have no idea, because I put on a pretty good front when I am in public.

I'm sure there are people that can relate to the ups and downs and days where you just don't want to deal with it anymore. My thyroid should get better once my meds are at the right dosage, but it takes time with lots of small increases accompanied by blood tests. This has been going on for the past year.

Today was one of those up days and I decided that I needed to document it with a photo, so on the down days I can have something to look at and cheer me up. I use to take pictures of myself all the time before I got married and so I'm trying to get back to that.

Lately, I've had "Be Ok" by Ingrid Michaelson stuck in my head...mainly, " I just want to be ok today". I have an incredibly, wonderful husband that reminds me I will be okay. It is just hard to see or know that when you're not feelin' good. So I think it is time for an art/photo journal and hopefully it can be another reminder that everything will be ok.

On more of a crafty note, we went to Barnes & Noble the other day and I found two awesome books. I seriously could have spent hours there, because it was much larger than the one we had gone to a few weeks ago.

Book #1
"The Creative Entrepreneur, takes readers on an inner journey of creative exploration to discover how to make their dreams of creative livelihood real, as they craft their own Artist’s Business Journal. The Artist’s Business Journal is a visual, project-oriented, step-by-step approach to business development for artists from all walks of life who are mystified and possibly frustrated by how to make a business out of their creative work."

It is a total artsy approach to getting a crafty business going. I didn't make it through the whole thing, but it is on the top of my list. I'm in the mood for art journals.



Book #2
"In Taking Flight, you'll find overflowing inspiration—complete with a kindred spirit in author and mixed-media artist Kelly Rae Roberts. Join her on a fearless journey into the heart of creativity as you test your wings and learn to find the sacred in the ordinary, honor your memories, speak your truth and wrap yourself in the arms of community."

I had first seen this book featured on Donna Downey's blog several months ago. I wanted to learn some techniques to her style and the mixed media design elements. This book has great step-by-step for several projects. Once I got home, I looked up the author...Kelly Rae Roberts and found her blog.

1 comment:

Uati and Kalena said...

You look beautiful! I love your hair!