Sunday, January 18, 2009

Beautiful

A few days before we left on our Seattle trip, we went to a surprise b-day party for one of my dearest friends'. I'd decided to take a bouquet and headed off to pick out some flowers. I fell in love with these green roses from the moment I saw them. They were a bright (almost yellow) green with touches of magenta on some of the tips, long stem and 2 dozen! It was only natural for me to pair them with some Stargazer lilies.

While picking out the flowers, the florist/owner struck up a conversation and we were talking about different combos to make a beautiful and dramatic bouquet. I guess the florist liked me, because by the end of the conversation I had a job offer! It is just a part time thing, but I am considering it. I think it would bring even more ideas and inspiration into designs by working with flowers a couple hours a week. I'm still undecided, but I really enjoyed putting together this bouquet. It smelled sooo good too...I think it could be smelled all over the restaurant.


I also made a sign in addition to the bouquet. I really like the crackle & spatter finish right now.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I think you should consider that part-time job very seriously. You have a knack with that kind of stuff.