Monday, January 12, 2009

Checkered Out

What a day?! We had some interesting things happen today...more about that later. I'm really tired at an unusually early hour for me, but I'm enjoying working on my tablet right now. It is soo relaxing. I'm glad I brought it with me.


Anyway, I found a tutorial for a man gift that I like. Back up to last weekend when my husband and I put on a Game Night for our church. We provided all the games, but we did have one family show up with a couple extra games. One of the games (they brought) was roll out chess/checker boards. They were plastic and probably purchased from a store. I'd seen some patterns online for boards like these, but they are all bookmarked on my home computer. So my search began...





Confessions of a Craft Addict has an excellent tutorial on a roll out checker board. It is a fairly new post on her site, so I hadn't seen it before. I really like her choice in fabric and the game pieces. I don't have an embroidery machine (yet) but I do have friends with one :). I think you could throw in some chess pieces too. I would probably make a seperate drawstring bag for those to keep them organized. Now the inner crafter in me would figure out a way to make the chess pieces, but I haven't quite figure that out yet.

No comments: