Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

I had a sigh of relief when I finished all of my Christmas gifts. I would say that I made 80% of the gifts this year. The only ones I didn't make were to my husband, one brother and our fathers. We have a decent sized family, so it kept me busy!

Now that all my major gift making is out of the way, then I can focus on things that have been put on the back burner for the last few months. I still have projects from Christmas left to post and I'm hoping to come up with a few tutorials soon.

My "resolution" is to make my craft blog better than ever! Better design, organization, posting and my first giveaway! I've got a lot of ideas for this year. Most of all, I want to thank everyone that has been reading my blog. It is fun to connect to other crafty people all over the country. I just wish you all could live on the same street, so we could get together! Maybe in heaven, someday! Please feel free to comment...I love comments!

The 'Simplify' sign above is another gift I made. It is by no means any relation to 2009 for me. I don't think I really know the meaning of that word...hehe...just kidding. To make the sign, I started with a layer of black paint, then a layer of crackle medium, then a layer of white paint, then a blue wash. I added some die cuts (using my Cricut) using modge podge to attach them to the board. I finished by spattering black paint all over (just thin out the paint w/water and run your thumb along the brush to create the spatter look). I sprayed a clear coat on top for protection. I used screw eyes to hang the wire. On the wire, I did a couple of curls and added a button and flower bead (not pictured).

Happy New Year to All!

No comments: