Friday, March 13, 2009

Do You Tat?


I recently pulled out my tatting supplies. Some of you may be asking...what is tatting? Tatting is a form of lace-making with a small shuttle or needle. I was introduced to tatting about 10 years ago from a lady in our ward. She didn't have daughters, so she taught me! She took me to her tatting meetings occasionally and hooked me up with a huge organized binder of patterns. Anyway, I was suppose to teach a class for my sewing group on tatting. A few months ago I pulled out my tatting supplies and started to get back into the motions. If you are interested in learning more about tatting, here are some helpful links:

-On Sharon's Tatting site you will find loads of information. She has video demos for everything you need to know about tatting. Just click on 'Tatting Demos' and you will be taken to a page with several different videos. You can start with the first video (Chain) and continue down the row.

-Another great way to learn tatting is through Georgia Seitz. I first learned about Georgia about 10 years ago, when I first began tatting. She offers online classes on a weekly basis. Her site has all the information on joining the online class along with archives from the previous classes.

-Finally, there are a couple more useful tatting sites that I have used:
This'n'Tat: This site has been around for a while. They have lessons, tips & free patterns.
Tatting Directory: Full of links and descriptions for tons of tatting sites.

1 comment:

Jane Eborall said...

Welcome back to tatting. I've been trying to kick the habit for over 50 years!!!!
Jane