Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Little Babette

As mentioned in a previous post, I am helping with costumes for Beauty & The Beast. I've been out of town and running around like a mad woman leaving little time to work on costumes. There is a month until opening night, so I'm trying to get as much done in the next week as I can. Here is a pic of Babette's basic costume. It is hard to get a pic using hangers, instead of a body or form!

The dress is a corset style (in the back). I want to add a few details, like white sequin trim on the bodice. I still need to make a head piece, cuffs and skirt w/feathers. The feather skirt will go just above the knees under the dress, so it can be an easy transformation from fantasy character to human. There will be two sets of cuffs and most likely two head/hair pieces. It is so much fun, especially with the new fancy sewing machine my husband got me!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, could you be any busier???? Let me know if I can help you with Wednesday night!