Saturday, April 4, 2009

Home Spa #1

Need some R&R? I've had such an adventurous week that I know I do! Last month, for a young women's church activity, I taught the girls how to make some home spa treatments. One of my favorites was the bath cookies. I decided to add some dried lavender (from my garden). The end result was fragrant and yummy looking cookies! If you are familiar with other bath cookies, like from Lush, expect this recipe to produce a different kind of cookie. When you are ready to use, crumble 1-2 cookies while you draw your bath.

2 cups finely ground sea salt
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 T light oil
1 tsp vitamin E oil
2 eggs
5-6 drops essential oil of your choice

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Combine all the listed ingredients and form into a dough. Using a teaspoon or so of dough at a time, roll it gently in the palm of your hand until it forms a ball. Form all dough into one teaspoon balls, and gently place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Consider sprinkling the bath balls with herbs, flower petals, cloves, citrus zest and similar aromatic ingredients. Bake your bath cookies for ten minutes, until they are lightly browned. Do not over bake. Allow the bath cookies to cool completely. To use, Drop 1 or 2 cookies into a warm bath and allow to dissolve. Yield: 24 cookies, enough for 12 baths.

**I highly recommend visiting SPA INDEX for other spa treatment recipes.**

7 comments:

Terri said...

I just love this idea for spa cookies! I will definitely make these soon. Have you ever made lavender cookies to eat. Just mix one tablespoon of dried lavender to sugar cookie mix(can be store bought) and bake. Everyone will definitely call you Martha for those cookies!!!!

Valerie said...

Those would make great gifts! Thanks for sharing. I'll just have to keep them away from my daughter who thinks they look good enough to eat. :)

SpaIndex.com said...

Thanks so much for trying our bath cookies and blogging about your spa at home day. We always like to know how it turns out. We've added your blog post to our website for Spa at Home recipes.

ג'קוזי said...

Hi All..
Awesome combination... I am going to get those cookies when I will go for spa.... Thanks

marius20 said...

I followed the directions and my dough was not sticky enough so I had to add a third egg. These are okay but you have to break them apart and you get some larger chunks of egg that don't dissolve. If you have a drain that clogs easily, you may want to put these in a muslin bag before throwing it in the tub.

Anonymous said...

I tried to make these but never got a dough, it remained too liquidy!

Jess said...

It seems like there are mixed results with the recipe. I've made it several times without a problem. I even taught a large group of girls that all had positive results. I suspect that the size of the eggs could be the problem. I would say if it has too much liquid, then add more dry ingredients. If it is too dry, then add a little more oil or add the dry ingredients in smaller increments. Like I said, I've never had an issue with this recipe.