Monday, June 15, 2009

Cookie Turned Cupcake

SNICKERDOODLE

CUPCAKE!

One of my favorite cookies is Snickerdoodle, so when I saw this cookie turned cupcake (via Martha Stewart) I had to try it! I didn't use her recipe, though. I used a Betty Crocker SuperMoist Butter Recipe Yellow cake mix and added 3/4 Tbls. Cinnamon & 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg. I was thinking about adding some Cream of Tartar (like in the cookie), but I wasn't sure how that would effect the baking. I might try it sometime. I made a basic buttercream to pipe in a swirly fashion and sprinkled some Cinnamon on top.

The cupcakes were made with a purpose...Father's Day. The only problem was that I was a week early! I have a large whiteboard in my kitchen and had marked Father's Day on June 14th. Oh well! The cupcakes were well received. I had a little visitor while trying to take pictures.


He is quite keen on when something scrumptious is going down in the kitchen. This time I caught him sneaking in! Some how he still managed to devour a cupcake and left his mark behind...or evidence.


**I can't wait for Betty Crocker's Gluten Free Mixes! Then I can actually eat the cupcakes!**

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh YUM-O!!! We love cupcakes around this house, heck we love all cake!! I'm going to have to try this!

:)Rachel