Friday, August 21, 2009

Savory Lavender

The Annual Lavender Festival has come and gone. We had just moved into our house when the festival weekend was right around the corner, but we were able to enjoy some of it with family. We visited Cedar Brook Lavender Farm, where we found the most amazing pepper blend...Lavender Pepper.

Normally, I don't think I would even be attracted to using Lavender in cooking. I think I just looked at it as being too perfumy and not appetizing. My opinion changed after smelling the Lavender Pepper. The Lavender is strong enough to smell, but has a subtle taste when blended with all the other spices.

My husband likes it on almost anything savory. I've used it on chicken, potatoes, noodles, vegetables...in place of pepper. It is the perfect blend for us! It is only 6.99 for a 2.4 oz jar, a little bit goes a long way (especially with freshly ground herbs and spices) and can be purchased online.

No comments: