Sunday, November 1, 2009

Easy Fall Treat



November is really here, now! Most of you are probably coming off of a sugar high, so a sweet treat may not be something your craving. Maybe in a week or two? I was thinking they might be a good addition to Thanksgiving, but they would be good anytime :)

These are Ginger & Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches, that Sandra Lee would be proud of.
You need 3 ingredients; Anna's Ginger Thins, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, & Chocolate Jimmies. The Ginger Thins are perfect for ice cream sandwiches, because they are thin and almost graham cracker like...which helps the cookie to absorb the moisture from the ice cream making the cookies soften slightly. It is very reminiscent of a classic ice cream sandwich, but with a flavor twist!
-Start by allowing the ice cream to soften. If it is too hard it will break the cookies. If it is too soft, then you will have a mess and the majority of the ice cream will end up outside of the cookies.
-Next, take a Ginger Thin and plop a big scoop of ice cream in the middle of the cookie.
-Top it with another cookie and lightly press down until the ice cream hits the edges.
-Roll in chocolate jimmies or any crunchy topping of your choice.
-Cover and freeze overnight.


4 comments:

carmen said...

YUM! I'm totally going to make these with my kids this week!

Bridget said...

Those look so good! I'm a sucker for ginger.

How have you been? Long time no post ;).

Jess said...

Thanks :) I've come up with a lot of uses for those ginger cookies! I'm doin alright over here. I've been soooo busy with moving, contractors, and now the holidays including being in charge of the ward party! I'm sure it would be even busier with kids. I'll be back to myself soon :)

Terri said...

Jess, these look so yummy! How easy too. Hope your holidays are going great! Terri