Sunday, December 20, 2009

Whoville Ward Christmas Party

My husband and I were in charge of the Christmas Party at our church. It is quite an undertaking (especially without a committee). Luckily I had some great people in the kitchen and a wonderful person doing a program. The Elders Quorom put on "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas". The script had been altered to fit our area and the church. It was a hoot! Then we had a couple of musical numbers. The meal was sooo yummy, too. We heard many rave reviews for the next couple of weeks. I took my camera and went to take pictures, only to find I had no SD card in my camera!I took a pic of some of the decorations I made, before hand. I made all the decorations by hand by myself (never again!). I made several wreaths and swags (for the tables) in the same style. I got the idea from The Red Thread. All the bulbs on the wreaths were hand painted. The plan was to hand paint all of the bulbs (for the swags), but I ran out of time and energy. I also made paper snowflakes and we strung lights across the ceiling. I was happy with how everything looked and everyone had a good time.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

This sounds like such a fun idea for a ward party! Would you be willing to share your ideas with me. I live in the middle of nowhere (but beautiful) eastern Oregon. I am the activities chairperson, and I am new to the area. So I am looking for some new ideas to spice things up a bit. If you would be willing to share I would definately appreciate it. I can be reached at nettiebowles@gmail.com. Thank you!

letsgetcreative said...

I want to do this for our ward party this year. I would love to see the script you used. Did you use the whole narration or something different? The original one seems a bit long for the kiddos. Thanks!!!!

ebevanstx@sbcglobal.net

Erica Evans

Jess said...

I do not have the script we used. I'll try to locate it. From what I remember, it was the whole story with parts of it being changed to fit our area. Also with an emphasis on Christ as the WHO. Several of the men in the ward acted out the story as it was narrated.