Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Girls Night



Who doesn't love a good Girls Night? It is so fun to get to know other women on a more personal level. I've also learned a lot of new things. For instance, last night I learned that a peacocks bum is very soft! Not sure how that topic came up, but it was probably because we were making feathered hair pieces.

Every once and a while our Girls Night will include a craft. We were celebrating my friends bday that night and she had been wanting to make feather hair pieces for a while, so I thought it was a perfect time to do it. Even though our craft resources are slim over here (the closest Micheals is an hour away and that is if you don't hit a bridge opening/closing...which I never miss!), everything turned out. I pulled a lot out of my craft stash and then other people brought some supplies to add to the mix. It was a lot of fun.

Even non-crafters came to enjoy the food and conversation...two very essential parts to any successful Girls Night. The menu included Spinach Salad in Parmesan Frico Cups, Lemon Meringue Cupcakes, Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips, Cherry Bombs and a sweet friend brought yummy Peppermint Brownies. All of it was delicious!


No comments: