Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Indoor Photography


I've done a lot of photography since the end of summer. I've come to a conclusion that I do not enjoy shooting in the winter time, because it is too cold and gloomy. I love shooting outdoors, so winter time has forced me to practice indoor shots.

Since we don't have little kiddos running around at my house, I use the next best thing...our dogs. My little girl dog loves the camera and is a great model (she must take after me). Our boy dog doesn't really care and usually doesn't pose for me, so I stick to my girl.

Last month I pulled out my flash that I got when I was 16. It works great on my DSLR. I'm still learning on getting the best shots indoor, but I'm getting better! I learn a lot from flickr forums and blogs. I also try to apply some of the things I learned when I was younger. The best advice I can give is to learn the basics, then play. Whenever I have a question I search the blogs and usually find my answer! My favorite place for the basics is Pioneer Women. There is also a wealth of information about cameras & lenses on Ken Rockwell's site.

No comments: