Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Fav Way for Lemon Meringue







A yummy addition to a fun Girls Night! The recipe was absolutely perfect. Thanks, Martha! I've made lemon curd before for my award winning cake, though the recipe was slightly different the process was nearly the same. It was the first time I'd made seven-minute frosting, though. I really didn't know what to expect, but I liked how it turned out. It has a light, fluffy, glossy finish and torches perfectly. The flavor is very similar to a meringue (like on a lemon meringue pie), except I think I prefer the seven-minute frosting. These Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are labor intensive and well worth it.

The cupcake tags were really simple. I created them in Photoshop by creating a circle and adding the text on an arc (adjusting to the curve of the circle). Next I added a name in the middle and age behind it (adjusting the opacity to 50%). I flatten the image, then adjusted it to the size I wanted and filled the page. I was really wishing I knew where my circle punch was, but it is in a box somewhere...so I cut them out by hand. I added a pick and a feather with the good 'ole hot glue gun. I really wanted to have glitter on the black outer edge of the circle, but ran out of time (next time!).

1 comment:

Bridget said...

7 minute frosting is the only way to go for every cupcake! I won't eat buttercream so I have a feeling I would love these, thanks for the link.