Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Agave & Vanilla Roasted Walnuts

I'm back...I hope! I've been MIA on and off for the last couple of months and I continue to get e-mails asking where I've gone...thanks :) I'm recovering for a 2nd spout of an icky virus that has been going around. Anyway, enough of that and on to the good stuff!

Around here, we try to eat healthy as much as possible (except on Sundays when we have our "family" get togethers & eat whatever we want). I like to have some healthy treats to cure the sweet tooth during the week. Today I made Vanilla Roasted Walnuts sweetened with Agave. It is a simple & delicious recipe from one of my {gluten-free} favs, Elana's Pantry. Look at those yummy little vanilla bean specks. I'm going to try this will other nuts, like pecans & almonds. This recipe goes together pretty quickly, so it makes a good last minute gift. I'm making some for "Thank You" gifts.

2 comments:

carmen said...

those look and sound scrumptious!! can't wait to try it with almonds - my FAVE! Glad you're feeling better!

Jamie said...

Glad your back!