Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a wonderful friend, who is also my Visiting Teaching Partner & the wife of our Bishop, who makes The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies...seriously.  My husband is an aficionado of cookies (& cookie dough!) and now he has two favorite cookies; this one & his Mom's Almond Sandwich Cookies.

Since my friend's name is Catherine, my husband aptly named these cookies C4's for Catherine's Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are totally 'da bomb!  They are slightly puff with the perfect combination of chewy and a little crispy on the bottom.  It is exactly how we like our cookies.  You have to try them and then tell me how you like them.

P.S.  Make sure you have an oven thermometer, unless you know your oven well.  I've had a ton of success with all my baking once I invested in one.

P.S.S. These cookies can be made with Smart Balance or Earth Balance in place of the butter, for those that can't do butter (due to diet or allergy) and they turn out really well.  Of course butter is best, but not everyone can do butter.

No comments: